Channel Island DAC

The CI DAC seems to be an audiophile component waiting to be discovered. A few reviews rave about it. Has anyone here heard it yet? I am considering one, but am trying to get as many opinions as I can.
Thanks, Salsero
salsero
I have the CI Dac and it is very musical. Some people have compared it to the Bolder modded Art/DIO. If you are keeping your older CD/DVD player as a transport, it may fit the bill for you.
Brad
cidrib,
i read about the "shootout" between DAC's on harmonic dischord. do you think the ciaudio would have benefitted more if you had the ciaudio power supply upgrade?
i noticed in your system that you use a lot of Bolder Cable products, so i'm suprised you do not use the modded art yourself. just curious why you chose the ciaudio.
i really want to get a DAC and it's either the modded art di/o or the ciaudio. from the shootout it seems that the art di/o won, but for some reason i'm still considering the ciaudio DAC. after you heard both are you still satisfied with the ciaudio?
it's great that people like yourself are getting together and doing these comparisons. it's so hard to make a choice when you can't hear either thing you're thinking about investing money into. i would like to hear from more ciadio dac users if they're out there. thanks
I've had a CI Audio VDA-1 (with PS) in my system for over 3 months now and have absolutely no regrets. As I've said before, IMO, the only problems that it has in gaining acclaim are 1) its reasonable price raises questions about the high price of so many DACs; 2) it doesn't need to be rebuilt before you can enjoy it.

I don't know why so many want to compare it to the ART/DIO, which seems much more like a DIY electronics project than anything else.