hospital grade or commercial grade receptacles ?

What is the difference ? Is it really worth ten times the price to get hospital grade receptacles ? Why ?
Is one brand really superior to another? Is Pass &
Seymore a good brand ? Hubble better ?
I am setting up a closet to house my mid-fi gear and
will be running two dedicated 20A. lines to run the
2-channel audio and the home entertainment equipment. I
will have two double (2 duplex receptacles) on each 20A
circuit.
Thank you in advance.
saki70
Irvrobinson,
This community exists and expands upon a foundation of curiosity and question. But in your first thread on Audiogon, you have sufficiently proven that you have no such contribution to offer this community. Your points are well taken, and they serve you well. But do they serve this community? Just what exactly are you intending to contribute to this inquisitive group of people who believe wholeheartedly that the malleability of the game is the very reason to get into it at all?

Exactly when do you resist debating an issue that is not even a point of exploration for you? If Saki70 wants to try out hospital grade receptacles, so what? And if he doesn't find them to be amenable to his system, he can do like the rest of us and sell them. Do you honestly think that you can save a bunch of curiosity-driven audiophiles from themselves, or are you simply determined to initiate yourself into Audiogon with a good fight?
Cheers to Irvrobinson and Eldartford for questioning and challenging commonly held beliefs (despite the barrage of insults.) I personally have no interest in tweaks that are controversial in nature, but have followed this thread because of its interesting debate on both sides. Everyone`s opinions have value and the interaction in this topic is what a discussion forum is all about. But don`t lose sight of the fact that "it`s all about the music".
Albertporter...Two kinds of insults are being thrown about here.

(1) Because you HAVE formal scientific training you cannot maintain an open mind. (By the way you never got back to me about Leonardo da Vinci).

(2) Because you DO NOT HAVE scientific training you cannot make sense.

Both wrong, of course.

Where do I come from? Well, I was a most awful student, but did manage to escape college with an engineering degree. Hired as a tech writer, and then moving into real engineering I gradually picked up the stuff I should have learned in school. I was quite successful as an engineer, not because I was technically savvy, but because I was famous for thinking "out of the box". I had people working under my direction who had masters and PHD degrees. I would never discount their contributions to my work because they often put my crazy ideas on solid ground by analysis that I personally could not do. Also, I always valued the technicians in the lab, some with little formal training, who made the ideas work in the real world.

From the appearance of your system I conclude that expense is no issue for you. Most people, on the other hand, need to trade off cryo'd wires and outlets against better speakers, and hype doesn't carry much weight in this process. Someone commented, above, that your superb system would not exist were it not for some fine engineering. Don't forget that.

One other minor point...when you cite your Grammy-winning friend who likes your equipment, you should make clear at the beginning that the guy is a classical musician. Pop musicians are mostly half deaf: an occupational hazard.