SACD or DVD Audio, which one is winning the race?

Before I invest in either SACD or DVD Audio equipment and softwares, I'd like to know if a trend has been set in the race, and if so, which format is winning the race.

Jo
emafaith
Boy, I'm more confused as ever, but I've got a feeling that the SACD format is a winner among Audiogon'rs. Still, somewhere in back of my mind, I can't stop feeling how a higher capacity DVD can be beaten by a lower capacity SACD (at least that's what I've heard, but correct me if I'm wrong) in the future where the trend among the audiophiles has always been "the higher the resolution, the better." But well, for now I'll probably stick with one of those lower priced hardwares as suggested by some and see what will happen in the future between these two formats.
any win will be temporary..hddvd video and audio will be coming in early 2004....here we go again
Have certainly heard of Hi Def DVD Video, but is their really Hi Def DVD Audio ?
Never heard of hi def audio.....are you sure about that?
I have heard that eventually there could be dsd encoded 5.1 soundtracks, but until someone actually trys this, its just a pipedream.

As far as Sacd/dvd-a goes, i currently support Sacd, but neither of these formats will be around long, if they don't start producing more popular music and soon.

Going by the nex't generation of mp3 lovers who listen to boomboxes and table top all in one units that cost 179.00, I am not so sure even redbook is gauranteed to be around in 10 years.
Good advice on the Pioneer universal machine. Only costs around $400 and is a pretty good video player if the audio formats don't pan out. I can't see a format being driven by the audiophile market so the future of SACD & DVD-A (although both have alot of potential) is questionable. Buy hybrid SACD's and DVD-A's (all have DVD-V layers) now if you are worried about obsolesance. CD and DVD-V are popular formats that aren't going away anytime soon. Just another opinion FWIW.