Sibilance -- that last little bit...

I have the ever so slightest bit of sibilance toward the end of some LP's.

The Lp's themselves are minty, so I know it isn't the Lp's. (more than one LP rules that out.)

Striving for that last lil touch is gonna drive me nuts!

I have a Well Tempered Classic V, and the arm is a real pain in the ass to set up. Anti skate comes to mind, but that is a real pain-- grrr. Then again more VTF comes to mind as well.

The cart is at the higher end of the recommended VTF -- 1.8 grams.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

But in the mean time, is really does sound pretty sweet.

Thanks in advance.

~Fx

A new cart is in the works--- but ya know the upgrade-itis bug.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
128x128focusedfx
"I have the ever so slightest bit of sibilance toward the end of some LP's."

This sounds to me like plain old end-of-side distortion. If the cartridge is perfectly aligned then it may be inherent in the LPs. Which protractor do you use ?

Have you played any of the offending LPs on a "reference table" at a friend or dealer to see if the problem might be in the LPs. It may be worth doing this before spending much time effort and money on what might be a futile mission.
Post removed 
Here's a link to another post that mentions the same problem.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1101531954&read&keyw&zzwell+tempered

I have a WT classic and don't have the issue. I used a WT protractor for cart alignment, and the a hifi news test record to set up the cartridge for azimuth and anti skate, etc. The test record was very good for the anti skate. Another A-gon member (red) posted a good method for setting up the azimuth due to the dished platter. hook up a tape player or cd burner (anything with a left/right channel sound meter) and use the 300hz track to adjust the azimuth until both channels are equal levels. Its surprising how the cartridge appears to lean right, but both channels on the sound meter have the same output.

Let us know how it works out.
Post removed 
Focusedfx,

It's possible that alignment, VTF or SRA are contributing to your problem. But if you've adjusted them without reducing end-of-side mistracing then you may simply have reached the performance limits of your equipment. Since the WT is a very well-damped arm and table, suspicion begins to fall on the cartridge.

Some cartridges are worse than others at tracing those challenging inner grooves. No amount of adjusting will overcome that. Inquiring minds want an answer to Marakanetz' very pertinent question. Of course if Viridian's guess was correct, 'nuff said! I could guess some others too.

Seantaylor99's supposition that the LP's may be to blame seems unlikely since you're hearing the problem on multiple LP's. I have LP's that give many cartridges fits, but the LP's aren't faulty - just difficult. My two most recent rigs play them all with great clarity. This clarity only arrived when I changed cartridges.