VPI Scout Placement

I have been tinkering with my newly acquired VPI Scout and could use some advice... I have wood, carpeted floors and the slightest thump or walking across the room will send the stylus skipping. Unfortunately wall mounting is not an option due to space restrictions and room configuration. I have a Sanus rack for my other gear and I am sure that needs to be upgraded but I like the idea of having the TT near my listening position. Presently the TT is on a heavy wood coffee table. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated by this newby.
flyfisher
Faugusta,as much as I appreciate your input and the detail of your remedy for my isolation problem. I don't think my better half would appreciate my replacing her coffee table with two crates of records and a series of boards to lay across them. So once again I thank you but I am more interested in the solutions offered by the other contributors who speak of isolation boards and their recommendations for this project. Feel free to bypass my request s for knowledgable input in the future as I would not dream of having you waste your precious words:)
Don't give it a second thought ol' boy. My time is plentiful and my words cheap ;)

Ready made-look at the Gingko Cloud. They have supports custom sized for the Scout. Further, Harry Weisfield fully endorses their products. That's not something he does often. The critics seem to agree with Harry, if you follow the mags. They have several pricing options, apparently even the least expnsive "mini cloud" offers excellent isolation. They look good, too.
Gingko Cloud seems like a very simple design and easy to copy. I wonder what the difference between the balls they use and racquet balls might be??? The acrylic is not visually distracting IMHO.
I may convince the Mrs. to allow something like this into her 'decor'. Maybe a nice piece of Maple wood to boot?
I got some Isol-Pads for free when I purchased a CD player, I didn't like them under the CDP, but they work great under my Scout for reducing shock and resonance, and tightened up the sound overall. You could try these under the points and the motor on a piece of maple butcher block, I would think this would work well, and the Isol-Pads are cheap. The Gingko is great but much more expensive than this setup. Go to natdistribution.com to check them out.
My entire rack (400 lbs/8 feet) sits on eight sorbothane hemispheres I got from McMaster Carr or W.M. Berg. They cost about $6 apiece IIRC.

I put them on furniture coasters so as not to stain the carpet (Sorbothane can release oils).

In two years our TT has never skipped no matter who was walkin' or jumpin' around, despite our lively wood floor. Keeping the sorbothane away from direct contact with the TT helps minimize its otherwise terrible effects on dynamics.