AudioMeca vs. AudioAero vs. Electrocompaniet

Hi, Soon i will be looking for a cdp my choices are: Audiomeca Keops($1800 new) Audio Aero Prima(old model $1500 new model?) or a used 24/96 Electrocompaniet ( around $2200 with potential future upgrade $1K). I'm sure you can't go wrong on any of the 3. However a few comments may help me to make the best choice. I have a Jadis Orchestra(40 watt). So i need a cdp with good low frequency resolution. Thanks
tweekerman
Snook? Are you saying that you are using the $18,000 (hifi farm sells for 11,250) CD Transformer?? Or did you put the lower end version in your system?

Bwhite, I am using the lower version. Are you familiar with the transformers.
Hi Snook - I have only read about the "CD Transformers" I have no idea what's inside those things or what they're doing to the signal. Folks who have used them seem to really like how they "transform" digital components into something more enjoyable.

What's odd to me is they do it in the analog realm.

How much better does it make the sound?
Heads up to those of you looking at the "lower end" Audio Aero, Audiomeca, Electrocompaniet and other CD players...

Just yesterday I received my second interim CD player (temporary - as I attempt to save up for another Mephisto). I purchased a Sony XA777ES from OADE Brothers for $2,000.

Right out of the box, the Sony really surprised me in that it has a very pleasing signature. I expected it to have the typical dry, detailed, bright and mechanical presentation so many other mass market CD players have but - this one does not. It has a softer sound but at the same time is extended and detailed - interesting character. This character is comperable to the Mephisto in many ways and actually, the Sony sounds more like the Mephisto than the Keops does. The Sony's dynamics are greater than the Mephisto and slightly less than the Audio Aero Capitole. The Sony has an ease about it that is feels very accurate in terms of pace - but is slower than you would expect from mass market gear.

I put the 1 hour old Sony in a test A/B with a friends Mephisto. The Mephisto has a magical quality that is clearly better than the Sony but - I tell you, Sony did an amazing job with this XA777ES player - it is right up there with some of the top players and a real contender.

I doubt that simple break in of the Sony would make it 100% at the Mephisto level but given that there are numerous modifications (including a tube output) for the Sony available it makes me wonder if the Sony has the potential of becomming the better player. A characteristic of the Mephisto I find enjoyable is its "relaxing" feeling - soothing and delicious to listen to. The Sony is not soothing compared to the Mephisto - but if the modifications plus a little break in, power cords, etc. are available then the Sony could very easily slide right in there at the top of the list.
I am interested in this player (Sony XA777ex) and was wondering if anybody has had it modified and what the difference is in the before and after mods. Thanks