am/fm tube tuners

I am in the market to add an AM/FM tube tuner to my system. I listen to jazz and female vocalists mostly. I want this just for the "sound" that is hard to get since all my other stuff is solid state, and pleasant background music. I would like to spend around $1000 for the tuner. What tuners are out there that people have loved over the years? Thanks for your responces.
bryanhod
And, if you do get a tube tuner make sure the tubes are good and that you can source replacements easy and they do not cost too much money. I've been warned that many of the tubes in old tuners might be hard to find and expensive.
Eldarford, you forgot the Magnum dynalab MD 108 tuner. It uses 2 12AX7 tubes for output stage.
AM radio is for talk, and ball games. In fifty years I never had AM in my audio system, and never missed it.

The only time that AM radio had anything to do with serious audio was back in the 50s, when WQXR, AM and FM, in NY, broadcast experimental stereo, with one channel on each radio. I set up a couple of little table radios, and was impressed.
Agreed on AM. But I love to listen to baseball games occaisionally. Not really that important on this system since I can always listen to the radio. Maybe the FM tuner is a better choice.