SACD to Audio Aero Capitol

hello I traded my Kern modified Sony SCD-1 SACD player for a Audio Aero Capitol player has anybody else switched from SACD to a Capitol? Your opinions are appreciated.
I felt the Sony didn't present vocal images fully fleshed out in a 3 dimensional way when playing Red Book disks.
mejames
IMO, the Marantz SA-1 was no where in the same league as the Goldmund, or the EMC-1. Yes it was broke in. Yes, it was on for several days. Yes, it sat on a neuance board as did the other two. It was not as detailed, transparent, or could it soundstage as well as the other two. It sounded slow, a touch dark, and not nearly as envolving. I was not alone when I did these comparisons. Maybe Jcbtubes would like to jump in this discussion. It was his Marantz SA-1. He couldn't unload it fast enough.
The SA-1 may be just right for some systems. But it sure failed in these two systems.
Keep the Aero Mejames. Just another opinion from another audio enthusiast. I mean no offence to any Marantz SA-1 owners.
Sony have no interest in SACD.They are floating it to be a roadblock to DVD-A.They want to confuse the marketplace.
Hey they and Philips get a royalty on every redbook cd made.Why would they want that to stop.
Brulee, i assume you are referring to 16/44 on the SA-1 and not SACD. i agree that there are now a few cdps like those you mention that are better with 16/44.

i have heard that fully modified SA-1s are much better on 16/44 but i have not personally listened to any.
Natalie, How is Philips and Sony keeping DVD-A players roadblocked?
It seems that anyone that wants to build a great SACD player (there are a few)could have built a great DVD-A player (none I know of, but I anticipate being corrected.) DVD-A doesn't need to be "roadblocked," the mfgs of DVD-A machines and people that are trying to establish standards seem to be trying to derail DVD-A before it gets going. I have no preference to who wins the Hi-Res software war. I just want better digital hardware for whichever format "wins." ...And of course I want those to play Red Book at a much higher than current standard.

Actually from what I have been told, the SACD licensing is so expensive that we may never see quality inexpensive SACD players except from Sony and Philips. This would lead me to believe they are semi-roadblocking SACD from the masses. Either way I don't like it, but I don't see them roadblocking DVD-A with their actions. Best Regards, Aaron
Thanks for the response, mejames. I was just curious to see someone else's experience with a modded SCD-1 v. hi quality redbook. I actually own an SCD-1 with the pretty much full on Audiocom/Kern mods (BG caps, Vishay S-102s, Superclock, SC PSU, Superregs, Op-amps, Relcaps, Hexfreds, WBT jacks), that I am still breaking in. At this point I find my Dodson DA-217 Mk II D (with the SCD-1 as a transport) to be noticeably better for redbook CD that using the SCD-1 alone. However, I have found that SACD reproduction with the SCD-1 beats out redbook on the SCD-1/Dodson combo in the few direct comparisons I have been able to make (e.g. Rebecca Pidgeon, Honeyboy Edwards, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Santana).