Levinson separates vs. Audio Aero Capitole

I have heared very fine 360S and #37 transport from Levinson. How does Audio Aero Capitole player stack up to those?
hifinut
Hi,
I own a Levinson 390S CD player (upgraded from No. 39). I have auditioned the Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 player in my system (before I upgraded to the 390S). I think the 390S is sonically reasonably close to the Capitole, although I would give the nod to the Capitole on sonics alone. However, the 390S has a much better user interface and (I think) better build quality too. These are the reasons I ultimately decided to upgrade my 39 rather than purchase the Capitole. Another player worth your evaluation is the Electrocompaniet EMC-1 with 24/192 upgrade. Solidly built, cheaper than the others, sonically competitive, but no built in volume control (if that matters to you).
Good luck.
Craigza, that was a VERY fair and impartial assesment on your part. It is information like this that makes these forums worthwhile. Sean
>
I agree sean, Craigza comments are worth reading, however I always vlaue the "Blows away or kills" comments too...they are very informative
Craigza; you said it well, and Sean did too. Yours was an excellent and informative comparison. I have used the Levinson M37 transport and 360S DAC for over a year now and consider them to be sonically excellent. I have not heard the Capitole. If you check this thread again, what is your impression of the ML 39 to 390S up-grade. Thanks. Craig.