Quit vinyl?

I'm in the process of upgrading my system, and looking for a new amp. All modern amps have only line inputs, so I either have to keep my Rotel RQ 970 pre-pre, or find a suitable amp. Now I asked myself how often I use my turntable, and that is not much, actually: almost never. So should I quit vinyl, sell mu turntable and pre-pre, which also will provide some extra cash, or do you guys reckon I will kick myself in the head in a couple of years? Any experiences? BTW, it's not a question of sound quality, just convenience and space, and I own about 400 records....

Thanx, Satch.
satch
Thanx for the responses, guys. I decided to keep the gear, and ditch some (well..... I guess about about 300) records. I will move the remaining records to another closet, out of sight but within reach.
When I looked at the records some of them brought back fond memories, which alone are worth more than the music they contain. The same goes for the turnable, I had quite good fun playing around with it.
I also discovered that my musical preferences have changed throughout the years, from mainly hardrock/heavy metal on vinyl to all kinds of other music on cd. I don't know if I'll be buying vinyl again, but I do know I want to keep some records. And maybe, after I figured out my amp problems, I might start working on the TT again. Oh well, it'll keep me of the streets....
Satch - There is great music out there in vinyl format, both used (which is very fun to hunt by the way - and new releases (quite costly but equally worthy).

You won't regret it, enjoy...

Fernando
Stach, that was exaxctly the reason I stayed in vinyl - the nostagia. There's something about the whole deal and my youth. But then I discovered how incredible it could sound when set up properly, and it was mind-blowing. There aren't a lot of records I really love, but those that I do, I only listen to on ttable.
Ok, start laughing and pointing at me, I deserve it.

After I decided to keep the analogue gear, I decided to listen to it. So I put on a record, and started listening. And although it didn't sound bad, I just couldn't care. Especially the image was.... well, it wasn't actually. So I cleaned the needle gently, cleaned the record again, but alas, nothing. Then I checked the connections, on the side of the TT, the input on the pre-pre, the output of the pre-pre, and the input on my integrated. Everything was fine. Untill I looked closer. The wire to ground my TT, which should have been connected to the pre-pre, was loose. So I connected it, started listening, and....... Jummy!! I wonder how long the wire was loose, and if that has something to do with my faded interest. Anyway..... gotta stop writing now, there are some 100+ records waiting to be heard.
Satch: That's great news and i hope you enjoy the benefits of doing some simple yet necessary "investigative work" : )

As a side note, our musical tastes do change somewhat with age, but great music is great music. While some rock / pop is very simple in nature, that doesn't mean that you still can't enjoy it when you are "older & wiser" ( or is that "older & wider" ??? : )

My experience is that we build our systems in a certain "hi-fi" fashion and that fashion tends to reduce the versatility of what sounds good on it. You might find that some discs that you really enjoyed in the past simply don't sound as good to you as you used to remember. Not only has your hearing and musical tastes changed, so has your system. This is why striving for a neutral system that retains proper dynamics with good extension on both ends of the audible spectrum is important. This type of system can do justice to whatever type of music that you want to listen to equally well. A system with a lack of "prat" will never sound good on rock / pop music because that music is based strictly on "pace, rhythm and tempo". Obviously, your system still has "prat" as you're back to enjoying your "long hair" recordings of yesteryear : ) Sean
>