Great cdp's with analog volume control?

My list so far is-

Audio Aero Capitole
Resolution Audio Opus 21
Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24
Krell KPS-20 - not sure of that model number

Anything else of note? Also, do people think there's anything to be said for having a dedicated pre-amp when using one of these cdp's as your ONLY source?

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for any weird formatting, I'm writing this from my handheld!
lousyreeds1
LR1,

Sorry I didn't see your reply yesterday.

About the comparison between the MF CD/pre-24 and Quad: I have not compared them directly yet. I have listened to both separately and I think they are both very good sounding CD players and they both have excellent functionality (with the MF having many more features and supporting analog inputs). Unfortunately, the MF CD/pre-24 is a little too large for the shelf I need to put it in, so I bought the Quad to stick in that spot as it is much smaller.

I'm taking both to a friend's house this weekend. He has a truely world-class system and I want to see how both do in that type of setup. If you want to know the results, e-mail me next week by using the link on this page. My user name is Reubent.

Lastly, I am probably interested in selling the MF as I don't really want to buy a different audio rack to support it. If you are interested, let me know. It is about 2 months old and I bought it new from a dealer here on AudiogoN.

Enjoy,

TIC