Why does my MSB DAC III click?

I just hooked my new MSB DAC III to my Cambridge D-500 SE
CD player, and everytime the CD player switches tracks,
the DAC clicks! I switched to my Sony DVD player and it
does the same thing. It seems to be searching for the signal. I contacted MSB, but was wondering if anyone has
run into the same thing.
Thanks,
Dave
Ag insider logo xs@2xdave43
Could it be timing errors? I had a ton of clicks and pops with a digital lens. It took trying a few different digital cables before this problem went away.
I had the same problem with the Link DAC III when I installed the upsampling chip. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they fixed it. That was over a year ago and it has been fine since. Rob.
Do you have the manual?I believe your problem relates to a user adjustable jumper.If you need specifics,go to the MSB website and download the manual.
I looked at my manual.If you look at the main board inside your Link,I believe you will find that the jumper has been removed from position 1 on IC J14.This controls the switching of the DAC to analogue bypass.When the jumper is in place the DAC is active as long as a device is connected and turned on.With the jumper off,an active digital signal must be present to "keep" the DAC on.
That was very kind of you to look that up Birdieman. Kind of cool that the MSB actually has user accessible jumpers to adapt to / correct situations like that too. Sean
>