Has anyone had experience with the Schroeder Arm

In a high res setup has anyone been able to compare this arm to the top pivoting competition.I think that the fact that the pivot is magnetic as opposedto a bearing like a unipivot(needing damping) should on paper be less resonant and maybe sound better.I currently own,and,am happy with a Graham 2.2,but the idea of a true frictionless bearing (all bearings have some degree of friction)really could make a real difference in a good setup.I'm not interested at the moment in straight line trackers with air bearings (although I love some of them)due to the hassle of external pumps and tubing runs.
sirspeedy
Thomas, I really hate to have to call you on this but you know you haven't had a Schroeder arm in your system. If you recall what you heard was a Schroeder No.1 (not Reference) with a Miyabi on my Debut in a totally unknown system at a show in a hotel. But even then you commented you thought it was much better than the Graham 2.0.

I also feel it was vastly better than my Graham 2.0 which I used for years on that TT. On my current TT I have used the No.2 and Reference but not a Graham so you didn't hear any direct comparison in my system either.

In all fairness to Frank Schroeder I don't think you should report on a direct comparison I don't think you have made.

Sorry, but fair is fair.
No problem.
I listened to various set ups with Schroeder. Some months ago there was a visit here from another Basis owner, he had a Schroeder with the armboard from a Basis. He wanted to listen to a Miyabi ( and the Pass amps ), so we made it.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the time you heard it in Stuttgart.

The only Debut/Schroeder I knew of was T. Jahn. Who is the other guy?
He is mainly living in Switzerland, but some time ago he sold the whole Table and went for a Vyger.
Hello Nghiep,
I take the first part of your post as a compliment, but have to say that other types of tonearm bearing designs had not vanished. Just consider the Well Tempered Arm which many find similar to my arms. When it entered the market in 1986(iIrc), it enjoyed a brief period of recognition/success and then was reduced to a niche product in this (already) niche market before coming back lately. Some arms appeal to some, others to others(quite a Jogi Bear comment... ;-). Personally I love the coexistence as much as the competition as long as it serves the quest for better music reproduction.
Regarding the second part: Mmmh, as an owner you should have the manual that goes with the arm(explaining all the features -damping, antiskating..). But even if you´re part of the DIY community and discovered all of the above, I´d say: welcome to the club!

Cheerio,

Frank