Wadia 302 CD Player- Into power amp directly ?

I recently purchased a Wadia 302 CD player and have been using it with my Pathos Integrated amp, using the pre amp section of the integrated. I was reading that the Wadia can be connected directly to the power part of the amp and bypass the pre-amp. Does this typically improve the sound of the system? The pre amp section of my integrated has tubes. Do most people who have a cd player that can go directly into the power amp bypass the pre-amp? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
pettyfeversk
I run my 861 direct when i got my first Wadia I was using a pre amp and after bypassing it I never went back.

It seems that you have a perfect opportunity to bypass your pre section very easily. Why dont you do that and let us know what you heard?
I would try it out. I have noticed that in some cases, when running through the preamp, it sounds better. In other cases, bypassing the preamp will sound best. I think the quality of the pot. (you know what I mean) has something to do with it.

Rob
It should sound better direct, but it won't be as loud as before. kIND OF A TRADE-OFF.
In my rig, inserting a Supratek Chenin preamp between my Wadia 861 and CAT amps. made a significant improvement.