Results from Beta Testers of New Formulas

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to post the results of your testing of the 2-step formulas. Thank you.

Best regards,
Paul Frumkin
paul_frumkin
Based on Slipknot's report I am left wondering which of the two parts had the most impact on cleaning the record. This is purely a guess on my part but I would suspect that the enzyme solution may give the greatest improvement since enzymes are reported to get those nasty protein/mold deposits. I suspect this based on what I have read from users of other enzyme cleaners. Would any of you guys with the samples do a comparision test using the enzyme solution on both and a different second cleaning solution?
Slipknot1, this makes me anxious to receive my samples. It sounds promising.
I'm waiting too, and it does sound promising. I planned on using the same method as Slipknot for the test. I have 6 albums waiting, one of which I can't stand to listen to, even after my RRL cleaning regime.
I have just finished reading this thread for the first time, and as such am not one of Mr. Frumkin's Dirty Dozen testers. Wish I were!

As a suggestion, Slipknot1 et al, if there was a way of recording to analog tape or CD the results of each version of cleaning, well that might be a good aural archive of sorts, perhaps one which could be offered to others here.

It seems odd to me that the current and more prominent LP RCM and RCFluid manufacturers don't provide this to their prospective clients.

Of course this is not a truly scientific method, but at least it presents *some* proof of what is claimed. I know the maker of the lasar TT does this (At a cost, IIRC).

In any event, and to put my suggestion in context, I have read so many raves about LP cleaning methods, new and old, only to be sorely disappointed when attempting to replicate those results on my own collection (which is 8000 LP's strong).

Meanhwile, I will be reading this thread some interest; I wonder if a "New Formula" LP will improve sonically when treated subsequently with DD or RRL; and if those changes are as dramatic as the initial reports when the opposite occurs.

Thanks,

-Kurt
Would it also make sense to clean some records with Paul's formulas first, listen to them, then re-clean with RRL and listen again? You might learn if the benefits change or if they're due to double cleaning vs. particular solutions.

Just some suggestions from a lazy guy in the cheap seats!