High Quality Passive Preamp Recommendtion

Please recommend some high qulity passive preamps or buffered preamps you have come across, especially those can be found in secondhand market.
Thanks
zdeng
I would recommend the Adcom 750. You can run it passive or active. You can find it for a nominal :)) price on A'gon. Sometimes I find the active does sound better, parties and such, old vinyl recorded at low levels, and so on. Plus it has a good remote. Still a Stereophile A rated, but what self-respecting tweak would buy Adcom?? Listen for yourself....
Another suggestion: the McCormack TLC-1 passive/buffered amp. Great piece --- available used $500-$800.
I second the adcom.I liked mine and am not sure if I should have sold it.I kept a Mac which was an overachiever.But the adcomn was flexible,fully balanced,and i thought my rig sounded better in active mode.But you could have best of both worlds and run it in passive.For $1250 it's a steal.
Hey AVD,

have you had a chance to compare the Placette, FT Audio, or Morrrison ELAD?

So far, I haven't found anyone who has. Nor can I understand why any magazine hasn't done a shootout.

If not, can you give a list of those you've tried and your impressions.
Adcom GFP-750. I own one and plan to keep if for a while. I also own the Audio Research LS16 tube preamp. It's better but the Adcom is awesome especially for the price.