Active shielding. What is?

They are better than the others? Why?
Sorry for my ignorance, but the cables with active shielding are a mistery for me.
boldt
Anyone know, since Synergistic uses a wall wart, what effect the AC ripple that is not filtered out would have on the internal conductors? Seems to me, unless it is highly filtered and regulated, the contaminated DC would be like running a low voltage power cord parallel to the cable. I know Synergistic uses the term DC but it would be expensive to have ripple free DC from the power supply. Seems a battery would be a better idea. Just a thought since this is old attenna theory.
Greetings Bigtee,

The only current flow in a circuit that the Synergistic Active draws would in the regulator(power supply) circuit it's self.
Since the Active shielding only produces a charge potential(open circuit).
Due to the fact that close to no current flows in such a circuit, the ripple (even with that scrawny supply) is almost nonexistent.
Nonetheless, an upgraded supply could not hurt.
The shielding in this cable makes a complete circuit from top to bottom. It has a wire that runs the length of the cable and comes back to source. Anytime power travels through a wire, it creates a magnetic field. I'm still back to the question of the purity of the DC since it is a complete circuit along the entire length of the cable. The AC ripple is going to have an effect.
I also meant to include this in my last blurb. Bob, you stated that the power cord would make a difference in the sonic signature of the cable. I hope this is not the case. Once you convert to DC, there should be no sonic signature. If there is, well, then my question is even more relavent.