Which Sony dvd playr is a good CD playr

Greetings,
Which Sony DVD player is also known/thought to be also a good CD Player and/or CD Transport? If used as a transport, which DAC's do you recommend? Will the Sony o/p 24/96 digital so that it could be upsampled?
Thanks & Good Listening!
soundsgr8tome
I concur with the S9000ES. The 7000 and 7700 have a decent CD sound, but they're a step below the 9000. From there, the step falls rapidly.
I have the 7700 and have listened to the 9000. Neither is a "good" CD player, although the 9000 is far and away better than the 7700. Where the 9000 shines is playing SACDs.

If you goal is good CD playback but you also want DVD, I would get a cheap DVD player, such as the Sony 360, and look at some of the standalone CD players in the $1500 to $2000 range.
The Pioneer DV-05, while not progressive scan, is still a great DVD player with very good CD play back as long as you use an active preamp. It will output the full 24/96 signal when properly set up thru the menu. Best of all you can score one on the net for around $400. Good luck
Although not a Sony (which I have previously owned), I can recommend the Pioneer Elite DV-37 as a very good DVD and CD player. I am very impressed with both the video and audio quality. My DV-37 was a replacement for both my older Sony DVD player and my Rega Planet CD player. The DV-37 can be purchased new for around $700, and it's an excellent choice at that price.