Shunyata King Cobra V1 verses V2

What are the differences between these two cords?
How much did they cost and how do they compare to the new Anaconda?
Any advice would be appreciated.
128x128mitchb
The king cobra's aren't a great value any more, most actually agree that the new Python out performs any king cobra. Its also said that the python gives you about 85% of the performance of the Anaconda. So unless your getting them for next to nothing, get a python- or anaconda if you want to spend the extra.
Hmmm...
I recently bought one Python cable, TWO King Cobras, one Black Mamba, and one Taipan.
I can definitely NOT confirm that the Python matches the King Cobra. However, I DID buy the King Cobra on Audiogon. I can tell ya, I put it into a friend's system, composed of Mirage 490 speakers (1990 vintage), Arcam Alpha 7, JVC XLZ1010 CD player, and Transparent Music Wave speaker cable.
The sound was glorious for such an inexpensive system. The Cobra will give you more than additional ambience (compares with the Python); it will give you a small sense of "here-and-now," even in an inexpensive system.
I replaced the KC with the Black Mamba and the sound was good, but not up to King Cobra standards. Even the Python, good as it is, is NOT in the same league. In fact, I would go so far as to say, buy a King Cobra, and consider it a MAJOR component, and take it with you to test your other purchases.
In the past, I would NOT have ascribed power cords the power (no pun intended) they can allow a system to advance, but that was then. And the Shunyatas are absolute killer components. No need to compare them to anything; they stand out on their own.
My experience with the Shuyata cords (I have owned all of their filled pc) mirrors Gb's view. The Python and BM are great cords at their respective price points. The KC v1 and v2 are superior in my view. If you can get a good price on those used, they are worth considering.

The Anaconda is a league up from the KC. Objectively, the Python may even give you about 85% of the performance of the Anaconda in most systems. For me, the missing 15% is simply too glaring. YMMV.
Hi Gilas,
You kind of contradict yourself as you say the King Cobra V1 and V2 are better than the Python and then you say the Anaconda is better than the King Cobra but the Python is 85% as good as the Anaconda.
I guess my questin would be; Would I be better off with an Anaconda VX at $1700 or a King Cobra V2 at $900.It would be going to my CDP.Thanks