CD Player w Volume control-Suggestions?

I am looking to run direct to my amp as the majority of my listening is digital. I am looking for a player which is upgradable, and has an excellent volume control. Unfortunately, I don't get the opportunity to audiotion alot of peices, and therefore have to "dwindle" down the choices and go from there. My budget is about $3000US (I'm from Canada.......so that's about $4500CDN). Any suggestions? This is my system I'd be connecting it to: HT TruthLink 2m XLR Plinius SA-100 MkII Transparent Ultras (single) Castle Winchester speakers with mods. Thanks alot folks and happy listenin'!!
rcoppens
Sedond, it's simple: you just saying that you're honest is no way of verifying ANYTHING!!!! I say I am honset too, and others stand with me on that, and it IS verifyable. And if you have nothing to prove to me, then why do you keep responding to me?
Dont get me wrong here I dont want to gang up on this carl guy, but I have to say that the resolution stuff is great gear,however this carl is a little too crazy on it and I have to say that this is more of an obsession considering I have read the same thing on several threads from him...PLEASE STOP>
"Why is Ride of the Valkyries always coming from that house?" "Lousy stereo ..... Bass isn't too bad..."