AA Capitole Mk II - what the evaluaions brought?

Do you have any comments on the sound of a new AA Capitole?
I suppose some units are already well broken-in(?).
mrgigi
I was under the impression that the 2 MKIIs were prototypes that belonged to Tenor according to what I was told, therefore those were not really the final product and probably are not what the real Mccoy should sound like.As an Audio Aero dealer, also the break in time is long but the sound does continue to improve.
I am a Dealer for Audio Aero. I have had my Capitole MK2 player for a few weeks now and running in repeat 24/7. so far I have tried running it direct with Airtight ATM-2 mono amps, and Wyetech Onyx mono amps driving Ensemble speakers. since I have owned every version of this player over the past few years I can say that the new MK2 is much improved in every area of sound quality as well as build quality. this past weekend I inserted the Wyetech Jade preamp and heard another level of performance over running the Capitole direct. theres no question that using a good active linestage can improve the sound of this already superb sounding player. for a one box CD player the Capitole MK2 is up there with the best in the world. but don't be mistaken that properly matched seperates can still take you another level above.
I agree with "Artistic Audio": the Capitole is one excellent player. The WADIA 270/27ix is a different story, though! of course the price for the WADIAs is accordingly high, so it is a matter of budget in the end if you go for a one box unit or for seperates such as the 270/27ix.
Artistic Audio, just to confirm what you said, you find that adding a quality pre-amp may "add" to the sound quality of the MKII. This would be good news, as I heard that some folks had issues when adding a pre inline due to voltage overlay. I guess finding a sweetspot with a pre-amp is key.

One thing I have not heard much on is its capability as an active DAC with its inputs. Inserting a 96khz DVD player and playing 96/24 DVD music ??? .. I would love to hear impressions !!

all the best...Matt
Question for Artistic Audio-How would you describe "another level of performance"? I'm curious, I tried some pretty good linestages and always felt the sound was better running direct. This is of course with the MKI version, I've yet to receive the MKII yet. I hope to before the Bush administration expires :-) My experience after quite extensive A/B'ing was that adding an active linestage did indeed add something, a sense of "Hi-Fi" sound, albeit phenomenal Hi-Fi, that was pleasantly lacking when running direct, which to my ears was MUCH more natural and musical sounding with a sense of instrumental palpability and 3-dimensionality wholly lacking with a linestage. I've not tried a passive linestage. Anyway, my personal experience is contrary to yours, ergo my inquiry. I'm hoping you don't say it's because the Wyetech is a better linestage than all others :-) Oh, and Aida, sonics, not budget was the deciding factor in not purchasing Wadia. But nice try.