Low end TT vs. Hi end CD

so, i will soon have a good phono stage (supratek), to replace the numark mixer ...

do you think a technics 1200 can sound better than a wadia 860x?

right now, with a cheap cartridge and a cheap phono stage, the wadia kicks the technics butt.... (but i can hear some inkling of how the technics COULD sound pretty good)...
128x128dennis_the_menace
you guys are throughing good money away, trying to polish a turd. I guess you guys are dj's, in that case DD Turntables and Stanton cartridges are the ticket. good luck!
Roni
Yeah, polishing a turd...
I can't make a judgement on that case unless I can have a chance to listen not just basing on general rule of thumb about belt drive v.s. DD.
I also tend to believe to TWL as to the analogue expert that this deck is quite descent for high-end playback.
I'm not saying it's high-end, just that is is pretty good for a low cost. I'd still buy a good belt drive TT before I got any direct drive.
Actually, I've seen an older thread around here, started by Psychicanimal in full provateur mode - championing the 1200 to the skies - with Twl bashing it to the depths...
(I either fall somewhere in the middle, can't hear worth a damn, or am blissfully ignorant :-)