The best CD player with volume control

I own an ARC LS5III and have for the last three years. I had always planned to include more than just a cd player into my system. It hasn't happened. I am considering on selling the ARC and running direct. I have made to many mistakes in the past. I can spare about $5,000. Can it be done?
jrud
i've owned a cd-50. it's great. but there's one better. the BIDAT with volume control.
No offense, Richie, but I'd have to hear for myself, in my system. I'm very doubtful of your claim, unless it upsamples. Who makes this BIDAT? Bring yours by, if you're ever in the southeast. STEVE, yes, trust your ears. If it's not dynamic or "rich" enough, try MIT cabling, and get better power cords and a Bedini Ultra Clarifier. My CD50 and Krell could start avalanches, and is very close to my analog (not the very best rig, but decent)...
I usually read these posts and am tempted, but today, it seems that I have many opinions to express...First up, the Resolution Audio CD 50 is a very nice unit. If you are looking for a euphonic sound quality which mimics a warm analog source such as vinyl, this may be the player for you. On the other hand, a higher resolving sound typical of this presentation can be had from Naim gear, and I believe the Naim sounds better. Carl seems to have very many ideas about various gear, but is unaware of the Museatex BiDAT designed by Ed Meitner, a true digital pioneer and a great amp designer. Museatex is a part of the ADS family and is based in Canada. John Wright works with Ed and they can be reached for deals on some great digital front ends for a very reasonable cost. Richie, I agree, the BiDAT is a very good unit. One more reference to Carl. You state that"...If it's not dynamic or rich enough, try MIT cabling, better power cords and a Bedini Ultra Clarifier". Why not take the monies you would spend on all of that signal altering gear and shop around for a better performer which might have a higher cost than the CD 50, but you could probably afford if you have the budget for these accessories! There are a number of units out there offering 18, 20, and 24 bit resolution, digital or analog volume controls, and too many features to list. Audition as many of these units as you can, as there is no substitute for a listening experience with your own gear in your own room. It may not be a very quick process, but one which can be most rewarding. By the way...save all the tweaks for later, when your bored!
Whoever you are, JRT, you couldn't be more wrong about the CD50, me, or vinyl. This proves that you have no personal experience with either the CD50, or vinyl. There's nothing even remotely euphonic about either! You need to be more honest with yourself and the rest of us. It's my paranoid opinion that you are one of AG's webmasters, since you were able to shut down parts of their server when I tried to post the "real" reply to you. This is my only reply to you, since I'm avoiding personal entanglements from now on, and everyone will be better off for it.