Good moving magnet or cheap moving coil

I want to buy a new cartridge to replace the Sumiko BPS in my LP12.Although the BPS is a moving coil it never had any magic in my system.Rather thin sounding with woolly base.
Should I go with a good moving magnet (such as the clearaudio aurum beta) or another high output moving coil(which one?). Budget is about $600 tops.
rrm
Maxgain, I used this cartridge for just enough hours to break it in and than sold due to the desire of more live music from my vinyls.

Maybe I did not provide enough experimentation with it in terms of VTA but the only differences I heard is at extreams of my Michell VTA for Rega arm.

I played with an antiskate which gave me more 3D and tightness applying just minimal for the best results.

I have to admit that mounting and tuning-up with higher-end cartridges is even more complicated since they "feel" any missalignement in setup much more.

I spend pretty large amount of time properly setting up Lyra Helikon cartridge.
i have a clearaudio aurum beta s 11 as well as the dynavector 20x H. the improvement w/ the dynavector was so great that now i'm scheming to get a koetsu. the mc ( or perhaps dynavector) sound is something i'd never heard & wouldn't have believed.
regards,
jon
I was thinking about moving coils as I have a aurum beta s also. I was told by numerous folks that it is the ticket. What sounds better, different? JJ