Converting to Analog

Ok, after hearing vinyl at the Home Entertainment show last week I am convinced vinyl is superior to digital (including SACD). My question is twofold. Can I get near the level of sound I heard without spending $10,000 on a turntable, and am I nuts to add analog to a ss ARC 100.2 amp with a tube LS15 pre? I can review other threads for recommendations on specific turntables to consider. Is there anything else I need to consider in adding a turntable to my system?
tonyp54
Sorry,I only answered your second question.
Can you get the level of sound you heard without spending 10 K ??
Be ready to spend at least 2-3 K to get "near" that level but you won't hit it.I think you'll be happy anyway.
I recently made the jump back into analog. I have an ARC Ref 2 (tube) preamp, Plinius SA 250 MK IV (ss) amp. I did spend around $7500 for a VPI Mk.V turntable w/Graham 2.2 arm and Ruby Benz 2 cartridge, BAT PK V phono preamp and Synergistic Research tonearm cable.

Most of my nonaudiophile friends claim they can't hear the difference when I a/b the same album and cd. I find the analog sound more natural and prefer the analog to the cd of the same music. Now I'm enjoying albums I haven't listened to in over 20 years. Fortunately, I've always keep my albums clean and never left them out on the turntable. Most of them sound great. You will definately need a good cleaning machine. The VPI 16.5 or 17 are considered the best out there. Good luck, you won't regret it.
I believe that analogue reproduction is always according to the price you're investing. To get the sound level for $10k you must either spend $10k or acquire it used for less.
Good post David99!
I just got back to vinyl and find it hard to listen to most CD's anymore. In fact, I'm listening to music more now, finding that vinyl is much more pleasing to the ear -- none of that harsh digital edge on the highs.
I'm sure I don't have the sound of the "Show," but I do have analog at the same level as my digital and am VERY satisfied.
I started with a VPI HW-19 jr, a Rega RB300 arm, and a Grado cartridge, plus rewiring the arm and other modifications, for around $1500, to keep my investment down and see if I really would be into it. Well, yes I am!
CD's are about convenience, but, in my book, my ears are happier with vinyl.
I'll second David99's comments, but I don't consider it "work". A few extra seconds to sweep a record and stylus before playing and a few minutes here and there for regular maintenance. Initial set-up is not a big deal- just relax and spend a couple of hours or so. One could say that analog is slightly more "interactive" than digital and can certainly be more rewarding.

Tony, you didn't mention what you had heard at the Home Entertainment show. Maybe if you could share that information, someone could give you an idea of similar equipment/cost to approximate that "sound".

Regards
Jim