What about the Teres Turntable?

Okay, you guys, I know I said that I was going to stick with SACD and never go back to analog. That was last month. This month I can't live without it anymore. I am going to buy an analog setup. My M.O. is to buy the best sounding gear at the lowest price possible by searching out the lesser known "gems" that many others pass over. This Teres turntable seems like it has all the right stuff, and comes as a simple kit. The reviews say it's in the league with the TNT, Clearaudio, Verdier and other $6k-$10k tables. The good news is it is only $1350-$2500 for the kits(less arm). A lesser table, the Scheu designed Eurolab, won TAS golden ear award last year. All the guys at the Vinyl Asylum say the Teres is much better than the Eurolab. What do any of you guys know about the Teres, or the others like Redpoint or Eurolab? Are there any other world class tables out there that are in that kind of price category that I am missing? Help would be greatly appreciated.
twl
Okay, here's where I am so far. I am planning to go for the 2.75 inch thick acrylic, lead shot-filled platter with precision bearing first. Chris says they should be ready by the end of the month($990). Next, I want to go with the Cocobolo shot-filled base(unfinished, price TBA), then the DC motor kit with microcontroller($375). Finally, I am looking real hard at the Rauna Opus 3 Cantus linear tracking tonearm that I will have to order from Sweden as they have no US importer($415). This looks like a real cool arm design that is clean, simple and well thought out. I have looked at the Redpoint tables and IMO they are too ugly and they use the Teres bearing and motor anyway. I do not believe that their PVC platter will outperform the weighted acrylic Teres platter.The guys on the Asylum say that the Teres outperforms the JC Verdier and is comparable to tables in the $10k-$15k range. The Cantus tonearm looks like the unknown gem I was looking for. It was reviewed as giving performance comparable to any of the best linear tracking arms on the market. Only it is unknown in the US. The simplicity of the design is the strength of the design. I will be sending my check for the platter ASAP. I can only do 1 piece at a time, due to budget. But where else can you buy a world class table a piece at a time, so you can fit it into your money capabilities? This is really exciting. And Gumby, I don't have any records yet, and I sold my unbelieveable collection years ago. I had every Prestige Miles Davis album made on the original yellow/black label in primo condition. I had Blue Note Vol.1 and 2 in perfect shape. Kind of Blue on white label promo airplay only copy in new condition. Etc,Etc. I could kick myself for selling that stuff. Oh, well. I will update later when I get my first piece.
Hmmm, Just sold T Monk Blue note collection.
Still have all of Charlie Parker in a box set though :)
I think you need a copy of "Amused To Death".
(Even if you are a Jazz man)
Wow, a linear arm for 400 bucks! Twl, is there a website where I could check this out? Thanks, Chris
http://www.rauna.com/cantus.html Sure Chris,this is the link. It is a very simple design, but it looks to have all the right ideas. They claim it is as good as any linear arm made, as long as it is set up correctly. I have emailed them in Sweden twice and have gotten no response yet. They have no US dealers that I have found.
"The guys on the Asylum say that the Teres outperforms the JC Verdier and is comparable to tables in the $10k-$15k range " . Lol .Where did you read that in AA?