I don,t Understand ????

I have 1 pair 6ft . Synergistic de. ref. speaker cable. I Just received email back from synergistic. They want $2600.00 to make the cables into two 3ft. How can anyone want that kind of money for that,,for 2600...
Iam switching to double 3ft runs and for 2600 i have a lot of options..man does that piss me off about this f#^%in hobby
I just needed to get this one off thanks
steve
evo845
I believe I missed my calling!

I'm going to learn to terminate cables.

Being retired is ridiculous when lunatics are running around earning the cost of a dinner for two at Alain Ducasse hourly!

I'm sure it'll take me less time to learn this new field. It only took a couple of years to become an actuary and paid a lot less!
Bill E.
Why even mess with retermination. Pick up the exact cable here or on auction and sell what you have. You make out better and it gives you a chance to upgrade.
I bought a 2 and 1/2 meter sg3 80 siltech on audigon. Siltech agreed to cut it into three equal lengths and charged me just the price of retermination which was $50.00 per end for a total of $400.00. I recently had them reterminate a digital cable which they did for 80.00 and then they sent it next day at no extra charge. I thought I'd share this because 1-I feel siltech deserves the kudos and 2- just to keep a balance view in a jaded world. best regards
Jay it seems that you called it right: "we'll only do it if you REALLY make it worth our while". I once requested an upgrade (as they advertise & seemingly encourage buyers to do) adding active shielding to a discrete-shielded cable pair. The quote was ridiculous; it seemed that they really wanted me to buy more cables instead. So I did; bought used instead & they netted Zero $ & a ticked-off customer. BTW I'd already bought ~$8K worth of their products & I told them that, as a vested customer, that I didn't appreciate their "offer" but business must be very good because the attitude was more-or-less a "so-what".
I Don't Understand why you wouldn't go to a source like the parts connection and buy wbt or vampire or whatever and some shrink wrap and do the terminations yourself. There's 2 connections, hot and ground, period. you cut off the factory termination and see which wires go where.$30 for a weller iron and you can shrink the tubing with a Bic although I don't recommend it. And then you can say, "I did that".