Tube Tuner: Eico HF92A and Mcintosh MR 65

I have been using Fanfare FT1A for sometimes (with Rogue 99 and 88) and enjoy the CD quality of classical station (and other stations) in Chicago. I have always wanted Mcintosh MR71 (or 67) but the problems are either the price is not right or there are too many "sold as is" MR on Ebay. Somehow, I got an Eico HF92A last week and was surprised to hear its warm and sensitivity, I mean comparing it with my Fanfare FT1A (in some stations, not all), the old Eico HF92A is not that far off. But I think HF92A is mono? So my first question is anyone knows about converting HF92A to stereo? OR did I miss something? The second question is: why the left speaker is producing high pitch sound and the right speaking is producing midrange to bass (when HF92A is played)?
My third thing is regarding MR65. I am about to get this MR65 but like to know if it is comparable SONICALLY to MR67.
I think I will sell my Fanfare soon and get into a tube tuner. Thanks in advance to all your help.
ykk
i have not heard the 65 to 67. i can comment on someone who has and they say the 67 is significantly better. i do know that my 67 is amazing. i have heard live broadcasts of the local symphony.....holly smokes! my unit is stock w/o ever being worked on. if you enjoy listening to the radio....it is worth the money. as for ebay. check out the feed back of the seller. i think you would do better on audiogon. anyway....good luck

jim
I think MR 65 has stereo with the MPX thing, but I do not know if it is truly stereo or "bi-mono". Anyone knows? I like "warm and euphonic" sound, so I will look for 65 or 67.
Hi,
The hft 92 is a mono tuner. The rca connections on the back are one for mono and one for mpx stereo. Are you running both rca's (L+R) to your preamp? I have an eico hft 90 tuner with an eico mx 99 stereo decoder. (1) rca cord goes from the mpx out on the tuner to the mpx in on the mx 99 decoder and then a stereo pair of rca cords go from the mx 99 to my preamp - fabulous! Is your hft 92a tuner the one with the silver face plate or the brass faceplate?
regards, Daryl