Speaker Cable Suggestions?

I am upgrading my speaker cables for Vandy 2CE and Bel Canto EVO amp, I am considering MIT Term. 2 and Analysis Plus Oval 9, must be biwire. Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Rick
rick5189
With my usual disclosure, that I know the owner (originally through a purchase, though), I'd suggest you contact Serguei at [email protected] for a Stealth recommendation. I had MIT CVT Terminator about 10 years ago, and am still kicking myself for the money I wasted on them. Analysis Plus would surely be a better buy, but Stealth better still, IMHO.
My experience is that the two cables that you mentioned are on opposite ends of the tonal spectrum. You may be best off contacting someone at the Cable Company and getting set up to audition a few different cables. What you like and what will work with your specific components may never jive with the recommendations that you get here. Every system and person is different and only you will know what you think is best. Trust your ears and see for yourself. I did. Sean >
I had the Vandy's for several years and tried many cables and many amps. Finally gave up and sold the speakers. Vandy's are dull, dull, dull. Try a bright, ultra detailed cable like the Nodost Blue Heaven.
Have you considered the Acoustic Zen Satori? There's a review at Audio Asylum by a guy that's getting great results with these wired to his EVO. I just upgraded to these from the AP Oval 9's. I prefer them over the AP, but they cost a bit more. If you have the dough, I'd go for the Zen's, but if on a budget, the AP is a superb sounding cable. I agree with the other poster about trying cables before commiting to a purchace, but I think both the AP and the Satori are neutral enough to make them a safe bet with a wide range of systems.
Hi Rick, How do you like your Bel Canto EVO? Are you using one or two in a mono configuration? I have one EVO at the moment and thinking about getting another. I have Martin Logan Requests and feel that I am not getting everything out of this amp. Have you done any tweaks like isolation devices or line conditioning? Have not tried that yet. I have been using Homegrown Audio Silver Lace IC's and Monster 2.4 biwire with good results. Will probably look to upgrade the Monster cable soon.