Anyone ever opened MIT cables?

Has anyone ever opened (and thus demolished)MIT cables? What is inside those boxes? What is the 'secret' anyway? Pictures?
piet
My apologies, then. As I've said before, you could say "jj", for "just joking". I do wish you all the best in putting the money in the best place for your system. Out of curiousity, have you not heard of The Cable Company? Granted, they may not have in stock the cables you might be interested in, but it's worth a try. Also, if you're interested in MIT cables, Joe at Overture in Delaware is who got me started. Haven't spoken with him in a while, and I have no idea how their store is doing. My advice to you, is if you don't already have ASC traps, or one of their offshoots, you should get some. They'll make more difference than anything.
I am having a house built as we speek. Unfortunately I do not have the kind of cash it takes to have dedicated room so the gear will have to go in the living room which is 17'x15'4" with cathedral ceilings. There is also a 6'bar opening to the kitchen that is 11'into the room. I am fearing the worst with that one and hope to find some sort of screen to pull across to at least cut down on the highs slapping back. Once I move in ( hopefully end of March ) the room treatments will be where most of the funds go. Well, actually I do need to get one of those new Sony HD ready sets and a rack for everything to sit nice and pretty on. I know the hi-fi store I visit charges an arm and a leg for system set up so I might try to find a acoustics co.in the area to come out. I figure they would be less costly. Fortunately for me my wife likes this whole hi-fi thing too so speaker placement and treatments can be liberal. Oh yea, I meant to mention I heard the all Krell system with ML Prodigy and it was one of the better systems I have listened to. Any way sorry for the misunderstanding and I will use the "jj" thing in the future. Have a good New Year.
You too! You're ahead of me, I need a new house, but have spent all my money on audio. When I do build one, I hope it will have several dedicated audio rooms. I've not heard the ML Prodigy, but have seen plenty of print ads about it.
I have an old pair of MIT Terminator 2 speaker cables that recently fell out of the box they were stored in, prompting my curiosity about them. Hoping they might be better than my current speaker cables, I took a close look: on two of the cable strands, the terminal hardware (one spade and one banana) have snapped off. Rather than pay a dealer a fortune to attach new spade and banana, I'm thinking of CUTTING OFF ALL THE TERMINAL METAL and going the route Pierre Sprey of Mapleshade Audio recommends: bare wire termination.

MY QUESTION: anyone have any opinions as to whether I SHOULD HESITATE TO CUT OFF ALL THE REMAINING TERMINAL HARDWARE and to go with Mapleshade-style bare ends?

PS I also intend to phone Audio Advisor and ask their MIT cable guy what he thinks.  I'm hoping to avoid emailing MIT themselves, because I'm pretty sure they'll just say "send us the cable and a couple of hundred dollars and we will do it."

George Witterschein, Mendham, NJ USA
formally with The Audiophile Voice Magazine
New Jersey audio society newsletter editor