Cleaning Vinyl

I have recently gotten back into vinyl. Questions regarding what type of cleaning and treatments for my abums would you suggest. I used to use the discwasher system and zerostat gun, have never tried the record cleaning machines... any suggestions? How about any type of album treatment solutions... gruv glide, etc. HELP!!!
joysjane1df7
Cleaning Kit list, All available at the local drug store:Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol-proportion of mixture is 50% isopropyl alcohol + 50% distilled water by volume. Read the label to confirm that. Lint free tissue sheets (ladies lint free facial cleaning tissue will be fine!), come in small sheets pack. Soft chamois drying cloth or equivalent. Method: Apply liquid to just dampen the lint free tissue to go gently over the LP surface inline with the grooves. Apply more liquid to inundate the grooves of the really bad LP to dislodge the dirt therefrom. Use this sheet for one side only. Dry off with the clean chamois and replace LP back to a clean (new) inner sleeve. Play it and you will notice the crisp and twang you had from a new LP! One CAUTION though; avoid liquid contact with the label, it will leave a watermark on paper. A small amount on a stylus brush will clean the stylus beutifully too, But ENSURE the diamond is SHANK FITTED and NOT ADHESIVE FITTED. Isopropyl will DISSOLVE certain glues. Welcome back to Vinyl. regards Phil.
I use the VPI 16.5 cleaning machine with VPI fluid and have always had good results. I also use Last 2 Preservative on all records that I purchase, both new and used. The VPI fluid use to come in a gallon jug, but now it comes in a concentrate resulting in lower shipping cost.
Sedond -I am curious about the metal device you mentioned that is similar to the dustbug. I am using an old dustbug and have found it to be the best device short of a VPI or NG machine. However, my dustbug is beggining to wear out and I am seeking to replace it until I can afford a proper machine....
http://www.high-endaudio.com/ - this is arthur salvatore's www; he still has some of these kieth monks record sweepers on his site, so mebbe he still has a few - they're n.o.s. there seems to be some carbon-fibre mixed in w/the animal-hair on the brush-end; the arm & base are all metal, w/a grounding wire coming outta the base. it tracks the grooves well, like a dust-bug; i couldn't imagine playing records w/o one of thes types of devices...
Think that 50% alcohol might be too much.Empty gallon of distilled watter into container pour in one pint of alchohol 2-3 drops of clear dish liquid and photoflow.Works great.I use Last Power Cleaner on really gummed up LP's or if there not I just use an Alsop Orbitrac beofre I run it through my VPI 16.5.Thereafter unles it really has collected with dust from sitting out for a few days I use a brand new Allsop pad or one that has only cleaned LP's that have been thuroughly cleaned on machine.Last Preservative is worth it's weight in gold (Mike at VPI say's folks bring him Lp at shows treated with it that have used LAST and they sound like they have been played half a doz times not hundreds like they have.There are some disagreements about if one should clean after LAST treatment with just plain water after all the other steps are done.