All cables are Neuteral?

Are there any interconnect cables that aren't neuteral? I don't listen to audiophile cd's. I listen to all real world recordings/ I am looking for cables that will some what mask the horrid sounding recordings i like. do such cables exsist, i get a kick out of cable reviews in magazines, every review goes goo goo ga ga over how neuteral the cables they are reviewing sound. Maybe what i'm Looking for deosen't even exsist, if i'm wrong, please let me know, i am looking for cables between amp and pre amp, and pre amp and cd player, rca cables only, not coax or toslink. please help/ are there any cables known for adding a nice golden texture to the sound of a system? gear mcintosh mc 42 pre amp mcintosh mc 353 power amp Cal audio cl10 5 disc changer
mikeraslo
...You've got it right Carl. Pops needs to recognize the really important difference between "critical listening" and listening for enjoyment. Personally, I spend over 90% of my listening time in the enjoyment category, and the rest "critical listening". And as for the audiophile vocabulary, it's necessary for effective commication with others about music quality, character, and system improvement. If I'm drunk, a clock radio cranked up can "move me" (with the right music); and a live concert is a totally different experience and has nothing to do with critical listening-- except that it MAY serve as a reference in future listening sessions,IMHO. Cheers. Craig
Hello Korn ! A lot of words spilled here. thats what people do, audiophiles or not, they don't listen or read really, but start shouting about all sort of things besides the question.. The question WAS, does anybody know of cables who repeatedly mask the sound in a way that they dull or 'warm' up the sound. Answer; i know of such a cable, after listening in so many setups and experience from audiofriends, i can heartedly advise to go for a used pair of MONSTER M 1500 cables. they do just what you ask for. question = answered. thank you. may the music touch you all.
Korn there is only so much you can do to improve poor recordings, as you suggest many rock/alt especially from 60/70s are bright with too much presence. Three serious suggestions that are still high end solutions. 1)IC:Harmonic Tech Truthlink, adds warmth with good detail.....Skip Monster ICs, poor performance for money. 2)Point speakers straight ahead, no toe-in, this will minimize treble energy, make sure major reflecting surfaces are dampened........ie: rug on floor in front of speakers 3)Any recording that is bright use "Auric Illuminator" treatment which will also add warmth and smooth out. regards..........Sam
More to discover