All cables are Neuteral?

Are there any interconnect cables that aren't neuteral? I don't listen to audiophile cd's. I listen to all real world recordings/ I am looking for cables that will some what mask the horrid sounding recordings i like. do such cables exsist, i get a kick out of cable reviews in magazines, every review goes goo goo ga ga over how neuteral the cables they are reviewing sound. Maybe what i'm Looking for deosen't even exsist, if i'm wrong, please let me know, i am looking for cables between amp and pre amp, and pre amp and cd player, rca cables only, not coax or toslink. please help/ are there any cables known for adding a nice golden texture to the sound of a system? gear mcintosh mc 42 pre amp mcintosh mc 353 power amp Cal audio cl10 5 disc changer
mikeraslo
Hi Korn; I would suggest that you do what Citation4 (above) did (I also did it)-- call the Cable Co., tell them what you're after, your equipment, and they'll suggest, and let you try out ICs for a nominal fee (the fee is then credited to purchase price). ICs certainly do sound different. The Cable Co. is available at: www.fatwyre.com. Good luck, and don't get discouraged-- there are ICs out there that will let your system "sing". Craig
Try another CD player, beg borrow demo etc. THAT may be the problem, not the IC's.
Ignore the techno babble and pointless posturing of audio snobs. What you need is a real solution to a real problem. I cannot believe the answers people foist upon the innocent beginners who visit this site. No wonder people are scared of their stereos. There is nothing wrong with your CD player--I've heard it and it's not a bad player. You certainly don't need to start putting capacitive shunts between terminals! Ignore Carl's gobbledygook about caveats and anomalies. Monster cable is notorious for tilting the frequency band toward a somewhat flabby bass while rounding off the highs. Try a cheap pair first, from Cable Company or a good local dealer. DO NOT GO TO BEST BUY or similar dumps expecting to get help. Is your listening area very reflective of sound? If you face the wall your speakers face and clap your hands loudly, do you hear a sort of ringing or echo? You might just need some damping such as drapes or a carpet on a couple walls or the floor.
Madisonears - you can really perform an ironic twist when you want to can't you? And you can really suggest with a straight face that the best solution to Korn's dilemma is to purchase some Monster cables which from your admission provide "flabby bass while rounding off the highs"? I can more easily go along with you on room treatment, but we need to know more about Korn's room first - such as if it will be susceptible to flutter echo.
Madisonears - you can really perform an ironic twist when you want to can't you? And you can really suggest with a straight face that the best solution to Korn's dilemma is to purchase some Monster cables which from your admission provide "flabby bass while rounding off the highs"? I can more easily go along with you on room treatment, but we need to know more about Korn's room first - such as if it will be susceptible to flutter echo.
More to discover