All cables are Neuteral?

Are there any interconnect cables that aren't neuteral? I don't listen to audiophile cd's. I listen to all real world recordings/ I am looking for cables that will some what mask the horrid sounding recordings i like. do such cables exsist, i get a kick out of cable reviews in magazines, every review goes goo goo ga ga over how neuteral the cables they are reviewing sound. Maybe what i'm Looking for deosen't even exsist, if i'm wrong, please let me know, i am looking for cables between amp and pre amp, and pre amp and cd player, rca cables only, not coax or toslink. please help/ are there any cables known for adding a nice golden texture to the sound of a system? gear mcintosh mc 42 pre amp mcintosh mc 353 power amp Cal audio cl10 5 disc changer
mikeraslo
Hm! Sometimes it is hard to know whether some of these posts are serious. Your post and your spelling, Korn, make me think you want to neuter al(l) of those horrid recordings. There are indeed some cables that will muddy things up, but it is hard to recommend them. But cables that still give you good detail resolution, yet warm things up and take away some of the harsh edge of many bad recordings include Cardas Cross and Magnan Type Vi. If these are too expensive (since you appear cynical at best regarding cables) then you might want to try DH Labs or JPS Superconductor. Both these cables tend to congeal things a bit, which smooths over recording blemishes.
I've owned many cables & once rented a bunch from the Cable Co. to get a better idea of the sound of most of the under $400.00 or so interconnects. My reference cable was Radio Shack $2.00 jobs. They sound better than some of the fancy cables IMO. My favorite after years of cable swapping & fiddling came as a surprise as I didn't even want to rent these but Cable Co. insisted. They give solid bass, detailed mids & very smooth highs. What are they. Monster M1000i.
All cables are neutral? NO, and all the cable reviews I've read always have some caveat with regards to actually pronouncing them "perfect". All "neutral" means is that the cable's performance attrubutes are all in balance. It doesn't mean that one "neutral" cable sounds like another "neutral" cable, just means that neither one would have any serious attributes or drawbacks that stand out..................Generally, "neutral" means "tonally neutral" with regard to frequency response, where there would be few minor tonal anomalies (in the reviewer's system context), and none that would make themselves pronounced.
Maybe you should get a moderately prices neutral cable and then experiment with a capacitive shunt across the terminals. That would certainly round off the highs if that's what you really want to do. I can give you the impedence equation for a given capacitor size if you want to go there.
Hi Korn; I would suggest that you do what Citation4 (above) did (I also did it)-- call the Cable Co., tell them what you're after, your equipment, and they'll suggest, and let you try out ICs for a nominal fee (the fee is then credited to purchase price). ICs certainly do sound different. The Cable Co. is available at: www.fatwyre.com. Good luck, and don't get discouraged-- there are ICs out there that will let your system "sing". Craig
More to discover