best used system for 10k$

As with most younger audiophiles, money is sadly a factor.Will anyone please advise me of a "tried and true" used system for under 10k?
streetman4cf5
Well Streetman, age should not have to play a role when it come to not having money being a factor is concerned. I am almost 38 y/o (and assumedly, I have been out there longer than you have), and I still don't have enough money to do what I want to do. What makes matters worse is, I have champagne taste, but all I have is a beer budget to work with. And that has played a big role when it has come to me putting my audio system together. In fact, I have went the used route when putting together my system as well. I got my amp (an Adcom GFA-545II) used, my tuner used (a Magnum Dynalab FT-101) and right now, I am looking for a used cd player (a Meridian 506.20 or a Meridian 506.24). I realize that this system doen't begin to approach $10K ($5K or $6K is more like it.... while I have gotten the amp and tuner used, the preamp (Adcom GFP-750) was brand new, the cables (MITerminator 2 and 3)are brand new, and my speakers (KEF Reference 102 w/ KUBE Equalizer -- Circa 1988) and cassette deck (Nakamichi BX-300 -- 1987) were brand new when I bought them more than a decade ago), but that's okay. It works for me and I am happy with it. You cannot die rich, so you might as well die happy. --Charles--
Thiel 2.3's, Pass labs x-150, Wadia 830 or 850. I have purchased all of my equipment used. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
Totem model 1 monitors new aprox 2100.00 Stands new 400.00 Electrocompaniet ECI-3 used 1400.00 EAD Ultradisc 2000 used 2000.00 Nordost Solar wind spk 250.00 2 meter pair Nordost Blue Heaven interconnect .6 meter 90.00 The main variable here is the speakers. You may want to investigate a good floorstander say an Areial. Synergy will be important but this amp is not too picky and will give good results with a good variety associated components. If you are more a rocker than a Jazz, acoustical, classical person you may want to investigate the Plinius 8100. Howerever this will be tough to find on the used market as it is brand new (retail 2K) This system will last you long into the future. If you can spring for the New EAD Ultradisc (retail 2.4K)it will play DVD's and CD. You will be well on your way to primo home theatre without the bull. I realize this may be just a little beyond your budget and audition is a must. But I think you will be more than happy with the music this system will be capable of making. Future upgrades could include Monster HTS1000 power conditioner and a CPCC model II for the ECI-3. I believe the EAD stuff has captive power cords unfortunately. Best of luck and listen to as much as you can before you buy.
Coincident Super Eclipse 3500.00 Rouge M120 Mono's 1800.00 Rogue 66 Pre 800.00 BAT VK5D cd player 2200.00.Coincidnt IC and Speaker cable with the Rest.
This is a brand new gear you can buy for this price that sounds great!
CD Player: Linn Ikemi
Amp: Lavardin IT
Speakers: Audio Phisics Virgo
you still have 1.500$ to spend on cables(MIT works great with the audiophisics