Which high-end receiver?

Good news, bad news. We're moving into a much bigger house, but the built in area around the entertainment center is so small that it will not hold my power conditioner, amp, processor, DVD player and cablebox.

The wife is insisting that I downsize into equipment that will fit, which will mean getting rid of the processor and amp (at least).

I'm thinking that I'm going to be disappointed with a receiver, but I'm willing to consider the higher end units. Any useful pointers/comparisons between the Denon 5805, the Lexicon RV-8, the Sunfire Ultimate, etc.?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm into an Equitech conditioner, ATI (7x200) amp and Arcam processor right now.

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xazkeith
Wait....the Samsung AV-R3000 is about to be released.
250 digital watts per channel
Digital Video switching - 4HDMI inputs, 2DVI inputs
iLink
Room EQ
Very cool looking
Should be a giant killer, watch out Denon, Pioneer, etc...
Fimlab, thanks for the water-in-the-face response. I have the upgrade bug )from a Yamaha Pro Logic 12 year old receiver which produces clean sound at 75 watts/3 and 15 watts/2) and tend to get carried away by reviews.It is hard to demo and compare in separate stores.

For separates, are brands like Outlaw good enough or is there a real difference with higher priced (get what you pay for?) ones like Anthem ?
What is your system?
You know, I've not totally kept up with what's sounding/performing these day's in the lower priced pre/pro's. Thes Outlaw 950 is a clean detailed piece, but is only a tad more dynamic than the typical receiver as a pre. Don't know why, it just how it is. It's good stuff for the money however, and good investment for cheep. The NAD T643(?) or Adcom 860II I've not auditioned, so couldn't comment. Might be worth a try, and probably a better choice with a good matching amp than any receiver for the same money. I'd be interested to see how they perform.
Right now I'm using a budget system, and am doing a small but extremely potent and well balanced Infinity Beta 10 speaker system rith now, with dipoles in rear, and 3 Athena ASP400 powered 10's in a small 11.5x9' room. I'm using both the Acurus Act 3 and Krell HTS 5.1 digital pre's-of-old with the Acurus 125x5 amp, Panasonic DVDA310 dvd player, Monster power surge, harmonic truth link IC's, and (my secret cheep weapon) Home Depot sprinkler wire for speaker wire!!!(shold not sound as good as it does for cheap, but it does).
I'm using this only as HT system, but will likely add a good 2 channel pre to the mix, with SACD/upscaling dvd player option later.
Right now my sound is so dynamic, clear, and potent, I couldn't be happier for movies. It rocks indeed, and sounds great at low volumes as well.
Here is the end of the story...

The seller of the house backed out of the deal. We had an attorney send him a nasty letter, but the attorney advises that it will be expensive and painful to try to make him sell.

Licking my wounds, I decided to upgrade my current system. The L-C-R speakers and subwoofer are now Krell Resolution (the 2 series for the L-R). My new processor is a Meridian 861 and my new DVD player is the Immersive Simmetry DVP. Time to hook this stuff up and kick some butt!
If you can only get a reciever, the Denon does everything now, the others will need upgrades later for HDMI switching. But, the McIntosh sounds like seperates, and you won't need another one for a long time.