Center channel mounting on Mitsubishi 52725

Help!! I own a Mitsu. WD-52725 and I also own a PSB Stratus C6 center channel. The problem: the center channel is heavy and has a large footprint. Does anyone make a mounting bracket/stand/solution for mounting a large center channel on top of the TV? The TV is about 2" deep at the top and tapers toward the bottom. Thought about using the Sanus top stand, but the slope would be a little too dramatic for this piece of equipment. Any suggestions?? Thanks. Nick
128x128nac25
Sean,

Very interesting reading. I was well aware of the issue of CC speaker weight possibly warping the cabinet of a microdisplay based RPTV, but never thought about CC speaker vibrations affecting the display.

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend you post this information at www.avsforum.com, in the rear projection tv forum, as well. This topic is discussed much more often at avs.

I ended up building a custom shelf system, attached the wall behind my Samsung DLP RPTV, to mount my CC speaker and keep the weight off of the TV itself. I may have unknowingly helped reduce vibration errors as well!

Thanks
Bruce
Bruce: You've got three guns that have to be precisely aimed inside of an RPTV. Feeding a bunch of vibration directly into the TV chassis itself surely isn't going to help keep them aligned. This becomes even more critical with TRUE "full range" center speakers i.e. models that can actually reproduce deep bass at high amplitudes.

In this regards, those that don't want to go through something like the above yet want to place the speaker on the TV should stick to smaller center speakers with smaller drivers. Less output means less vibration and less potential for jarring the calibration of the TV. Sean
>
Sean,

When you say three guns inside the RPTV, are you talking about a CRT based set? Or are you including microdisplay technologies as well, such as the portion of an LCD based set's optical engine that has three light paths?

I can see where a bigger CC speaker with deeper bass would be more of an issue.

Thanks
Bruce
I was primarily talking about CRT based sets. I don't know much about LCD based TV's at all, so i'll have to defer to someone with more knowledge in that area.

As far as the TV not having much area to work with on the top surface, the physical dimension as listed in the spec's are 37.2 inches high x 49.6 inches wide x 17.4 inches deep. Even if it is slightly shallower at the top in terms of depth, this should be more than enough area to fit a good sized center channel on. Sean
>
Sean, very thorough comments on the center channel issue. I appreciate that. Unfortunately, the top of the Mits 52725 is only about 2" deep. Then the back of the unit starts to slope at a very steep angle. In other words, you only get that 2" depth to play with. I'm going to mount the center using two 2x4's and a 1/2" thick piece of painted plywood. I will use your advice on the vibration dampening though. Thanks for your insight!!