B&K and Martin Logan Theater i

I have a Laurier Odyssey entertainment center. I have placed my theateri on the very top instead of the bridge above the t.v., so my wife can use it for display. Once I got all of the speakers hooked up this weekend, I tried watching a couple of movies. The front L&R, effects, and sub were great, but the dialog from the center was less than
desirable. It sounded like the speaker was in a box--muddy, echoing, and dialog was not understandable most of the time.
Now, I have angled the theater down toward the listening position. It was shooting strait forward to begin with--over my head. It is better, but in my opinion it needs to be more crisp and clear. Especially, for a $2500 center channel speaker. I don't ever want to say "what did they say" during a movie again!!!!!
Does anyone have advice for tweeking my theateri using my B&K 507 avr w/ ref 3220 amp?
Music sounds really nice from the center I think! I have listened to 3 dvda disks--Dianna Krall, Look of Love; Eagles, Hell Freezes Over; and Manheim Steamroller, House of Mouse. Seamless integration with the rest of the system. On the other hand, the two DTSES movies I have tried just sound like crap--Seven & Osterman Weekend. I have played with room equilization, notch filters, and angling it down. How can music sound so good, and a movie sound like they are in a cave? Voices have echoes and they cut in and out--very difficult to hear. The speaker must be fine if music sounds so good. I need help with set up through my 507. I want audio from a movie to be crisp and pure. I want the actors to be in the room talking to me!
rynopr
I guess the simple answer then is placing it on the floor, or on a stand and aiming it up instead of having it up high and aiming it down.
Music sounds alright to me. That is why I don't think anything is wrong mechanically.

I think I have a better explanation of what I have and what I am looking for. I was watching Chicken Run DTS ES w/ my 2 year old last night and it came to me.

Dialog will run together--dialog bleeding is what I will call it. It is not distinct what each word says. Often, I can't tell where one word ends and another begins. Maybe even a doppler type effect--waves? I guess it is too soft, or warm even.
I want each word to be crisp and well defined. I guess I want the parameters to be set so that dialog is clinical.

It is hooked up to my B&K 3220 amp with a Analysis Plus Oval 9.
Issued resolved.
Long story short, even though it was plugged in it wasn't getting juice. I listened to it in 1 speaker mode with it plugged in. I then unplugged it watching the same thing and it sounded the same. I thought, uh oh. I plugged it into another surge protector then...

I saw the light! Maybe heard the light:-O