Good choices in a used A/V pre-amp?

I'm slowly re-building a home theater. My amplification is about the only thing set -- a B&K TX4430 (200w x 3) for the fronts, and a B&K EX442 (200w x 2) for the rears.

Now I need a DTS pre-amp, and I don't feel any need for 7.1 (or should I?). I'd like to try to stay around $500 or under, hence going used. I haven't made any firm decisions in the speakers I'll be driving, a project for another day. This is a home theater system only -- no music listening. I'm re-building because I'd broken up my rig long ago for a dedicated 2-channel high end system for another room.

Is my $500 price point enough for a used a/v pre-amp? What are some key features I should look for? Brands and models?

Thanks!
kitchener
IMHO, a B&K Reference 20 would be a nice fit at that price point, or for just a few bucks more. It would blend very nicely with your amps. It really is a very nice prepro that sold for $2,500.00 just a few years back. Good Luck, Mike.
There are few better dedicated home theater preamp/processors on the planet at any price, but certainly in the $450 - $650 range, better than a Lexicon DC-1 with v2.1 or better (DTS,DD,Logic7, THX). Remember, this unit did retail for about $5,495 just a few years ago!
Gotta love $0.10 on the dollar!

This unit can NOT be beat, it is the hands down, best processor around. Some of the best theater steering around, and with sides and back speaker options, you will be covered for a very long time. One caveat, these units have 2 COAX and 2 OPTICAL digital ins (several analog sets) just one of the few gripes about these units since day one.

Check it out!

Dan
The Angstrom 200. I just picked up a second unit for $300. For DTS, pro logic, simple matrix, IMO it outperforms just about every other processor I've heard including all the big money units. Exceptional for music as well. For the formats listed above, I prefer it to my Lexicon MC 12B.