Here we go again: $5000 budget, which HT speakers?

I'm sure this is 'yet another' semi-newbie question, but I have $5000, want a good 5.1 setup (or could go powered fronts), and have: Yamaha RX-V1, Pioneer Elite 52", and about to buy Pioneer DV47ai. I've listened to & liked the sounds of several main speakers: Definite Tech, JM Labs, Sonus Faber, Vienna Acoustics...

Any help appreciated... Any cable suggestions also appreciated...
k4k4us
Vandersteen 2ce or 3A for the front. Vandersteen VSM for the sides, and of course, Vandersteen center channel. Then get a inexpensive used sub for the LFE channel. With the Vandersteens you will then also have a great music system.
I have extensive experience with the full line of Vmps speakers and subs, I have owned or listened to all of the models in your price range, I can give you some great ideas but would need to know your room size, listening tastes and have a better idea of your long term goals for this system, there are to many options to pick from without more info.

Dave
Vandersteen 2ce or 3A for the front. Vandersteen VSM for the sides, and of course, Vandersteen center channel. Then get a inexpensive used sub for the LFE channel. With the Vandersteens you will then also have a great music system.