Preamp for MA1 amp

I have Atma-Sphere MA1 Mk2.2s and wonder what the experience is out there in terms of preamps that work well. I need a preamp with integrated phono (clutter reduction). Two candidates: MP1 preamp from Atma-Sphere or Hovland? The former is completely balanced and has a phase switch, the second is not but well received in the press and this forum.
jkubina
Hmmm..., I should have mentioned that I use an Atma-Sphere MA-2, Mk2.2, and I have made the commitment to purchase the Io MkII, but have not yet received it.
Rushton, thanks for tempering my enthusiasm. I really did not mean to imply that the MP-1 could not be beat. It is just hard to imagine better sound than that coming from the MP-1.

Jkubina, I do think you seriously consider the MP-1 though. Again I will state that it sounds absolutely glorious. I am currently visiting my brother which has an MP-3 and it is sounding seriously good as well with a Rogue 88 amplifier.
Wellfed, I did not mean to temper your enthusiasm and I apologize if I sounded that way. I know that my enthusiasm for the Atma-Sphere amplifiers knows no bounds! I wish more of us could hear the Atma-Sphere preamplifiers to discover what Ralph Karsten has been able to accomplish. Your opinion of these preamplifiers certainly matches the comments I have heard from quite a number of MP-1 and MP-3 owners.
Kindest regards,
Hello Everyone,
Had to comment on this one, I have tried the Audible Illusions, CAT, CJ PV10 (I think) and the Joule Electra, all very good in thier own right, especially the Joule and then plugged in the MP-3, It was one of those few moments when my jaw dropped to the floor. The MP-3 was so much better than the others in almost every way. There is another thread going on relating to the Joule vs something else I don't remember but in that I had a similar story. I need to remind you that I own the MA-1 MKII amps so again there may be a synergy with Ralphs stuff going on here. I too was tempted to buy the Hovland but then I would have to change my system from a balanced to a single ended. I really don't know how much that buys me but the bottem line is that I really have no desire to try it.(Man does the Hovland ever look cool though) I finally ended up buying the MP-1 preamp. I really don't think you can do much better if you're running Ralphs amps. Besides you get to talk to Ralph which is always a kick. Good luck and keep us posted on which way you go.
Hello again Jkubina,
As an aside I haven't tried the phono stage yet but will soon as I am having my tonearn rewired for a balanced signal. A friend of mine that has tried it says it's killer.