How can I improve my HT audio?

My current setup (5.1):

L/R: OLD infinity Kappas (6.1's)
center: Definitive Tech 2000 C/L/R
Rear: Definitive BPX
Amp: ATI 1505
Pre: reference 30

What's the most economical way to get better sound? Replace the Kappas? or get a sub? If replacing the kappas, is it best for HT to have a matched system and go with definitive for the front channels as well? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
themightymilkman1e72
At the risk of opening a debate that will never be settled, I would not agree that you should "avoid dipoles/bipoles". True, the shift to DD5.1 convinced many people that direct radiators were a better bet than dipoles, but there is by no means a concensus on that. Specific brand, placement, room acoustics, and many other factors enter into the equation. YMMV. Listen to both.
good news (since I own dipoles :) But what about the bass? Better to go with sub or match buy matching front channels-- big difference noted b/t infinity and DT. What would be a better value?

Thanks!
I would match your speakers first. Move the Kappas to another room. Use B-system (multi-room) speaker outs on your receiver if it has that feature. If you have no use for them, sell them and add that to your theater budget.