Best used amp for < $500?

Poor college kid here. (we all were at one time, weren't we?) I'm looking for a good 2 channel amp for possible main usage, or possible bridging for my THX sub. I'm trying to keep the cost down below $350, max $500. What are my options? (I've looked at used Rotel, Marantz, NAD, Carver, AudioSource, Adcom)
schaal1
The PSE Studio IV is the best amp I know for under $500 used. It matches the Eagle 2C (also excellent) in bass when driving 4 to 8 ohms and is sweeter and smoother overall. I have not heard the Belles 150A. I would love to hear from anyone who has AB'd the PSE against the Belles.
Vdotman and Jazzzman are absolutely right about the Eagle and PSE. They are lightyears ahead of any other 2-channel amp selling used under $500. I have heard most amps from Adcom, NAD, B&K, Parasound and the like - they don't come close in terms of refinement. The Belles has promise. But it uses MOSFETs so beware the bass.
Linn LK-85 is my recommendation. For 400+ you CANNOT find more musical amp, that will satisfy all your listening needs. From classical to rock.
The KAV 250a soundly beats the Aragon 8008BB in a two channel music system, for only $2k used. SORRY "SHAAL", that's above your budget. The suggestions above seem good enough, I'd get started. I once tried to help a college kid, but he was in a dorm, and had a girlfriend...heh heh. He spent like a year trying to decide what to get. I SAY IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO GET STARTED THAN IT IS TO LABOR OVER DECIDING WHAT'S BEST FOR LIKE A DECADE BEFORE YOU GET ANYTHING. Most people don't take that long deciding to buy a car, and that's a helluva lot more pivotal and costly than your first audio investment. Anyway, music and audio do seem to get more important, the older you get...YOU HAVE MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO...perhaps we all do. Good luck!