Maryland,Wash.DC Metro area

Would like to start a club, or a small group of audiophiles, whereby we can network and share experiences about our favorite neurotic passtime.
larryr
As far as I can tell, nothing's happening. It's pretty sad that in the entire D.C.-Balto. region there's no audio club. I think a club would have to be centered around a high-end dealer, such as perhaps Soundworks in Kensington, MD, to have any real chance of getting off the ground. It would be fun to talk with fellow audiophiles (I'm a 2-ch type myself but I can accept those followers of HT) to enrich a great hobby, explore new equipment and ideas, share tweaks, and the celebrate joy of music. It's too bad we have such a geographical spread of potential memebers. It's still possible...I think we need to give it a try. JS
I'd be interested, but if its "centered" around Soundworks, you can count me out.
Yea, I am in Herndon VA and would be interested! However, if it has anything to do with SoundJerks, count me out..
Chris
I'm Starting a club, whether anyone shows up or not.

It will be in the Owings Mills, MD Area starting in May, I am in the process of negotiating the facilities to meet. Depending on the size of the group and the diversity of the interests will dictate how the group will meet and how often. The room I have in mind will hold 150 people so I don't think I need to be optomistic about the facilities being large enough

I'm giving significant lead time for planning as meetings will begin in May.

My plan is to meet once a month for a given topic;

for example

week 1 of Month; Home Theater/Multichannel
week 2 of Month; Tubes/analog/tweaks/Accessories
week 3 of month; Technical/How To/DIY
week 4 of month; Special guest/presentation/trip/social

You are welcome to come every week or once a month. Note there will not be a 2 channel club as 2 channel is the basis of all the above systems.

Early members will help shape this club as I want the club to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and foremost be as much fun as it is educational.

The Working Title for this club is the
Baltimore Washington Audiophile Social Club,

I know Social and Audiophile in the same heading looks strange but lets give it a try. If you have ideas or want to be contacted directly as dates are firmed up, I'd appreciate an RSVP.

Thank you.
I'll be there! Having our first meeting in May sounds good except for the week of May 23-27, when I'll be on business travel. Thanks for taking the initative. Yes, I agree, the club should be fun as well as educational. Mixing a bit of social activity with one's hobby is sure to enhance and set the tone for the club. Being a 2-channel music type means I probably won't contribute much to home theater topics but I want to learn more about multichannel sound - I think this is the direction for more realistic SACD or DVD-A based musical enjoyment. I still don't know what do do about a sub-woofer for my system. I'm also interested in tweaks and CD recommendations. Perhaps we can do CD sharing to discover new music. The Owings Mills area is not inconvenient for me coming from Columbia. Hope it's the case for other potential members. Let's do everything we can to finally get this thing off the ground - the Balto-Wash area should have an audio-social club. Keep us posted on your efforts to secure a location and any assistance you may need. Thanks! JS