New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hi Zephyr, may I suggest to give S_dly2 a spin. On K-01 at least, I found it to be more extended than S_dly1, with greater staging/imaging, and equally musical.

G.
Guido: Great to hear from you as always! I hope life and audio are treating you well! I have tried S_DLY1 and briefly S_DLY2; perhaps it's the fact I have alot of burn in to do on these permutations of settings the P-02 is nearly brand new and the D-02 has had about 1 good year of use.

What overall combination of settings beyond filter S_DLY2 did you find best? For example, are you using PCM->4fs or 8fs (or DSD)? Would you suggest I use no filter on the P-02 and S_DLY2 on the DAC?

Did you find every filter had to be burnt in separately or is there one common circuit path that does not necessitate the individual filters each need to receive 350+ hours?

Thanks or the help....I can tell this will be an even longer road to finding the optimum setting than the 03 generation; and then there's the USB input options,.....ah,...much more burn-in there too :-)

If anyone's interested in a P03U, D03 and G-03X package, I posted mine this morning and will love to find them a good home...
Hey Zephyr, Congrats on the D-02/P-02 combo, you are in for treat, but you know that already. I was thinking of you this week, I sold my Dynaudio Temptations and set my Legacy Focus 20/20's with the main system until I make a decision on what my new speakers will be. Must say the Legacy's sound terrific with the Esoterics!
Anyway, hope this thread grows some legs again, look forward to hearing about your impressions of the D-02/P-02's.
And great to see Eelii again, talk to you guys later... Go Patriots, time for some football.
Thank you...I'm sure I am and a hell of a good dose of burn-in on multiple paths and testing/re-testing/etc....! Let's keep this thread alive for sure...enjoy the game and happy llstening!!!
Good to see you all again. Zephyr you sure are positioned to get great music time ahead. And when you get use to it, a few months in the future, do consider the clock.

I myself have the 02s listed for selling. Let's see if I can also get a good home for them. There are a couple listed lately. I would upgrade to the 01s, although the 02s are so good, that I think if I don't sell them I will hold on to them for a while still.