Anyone else ever experience electrical dropouts?

Whats going on here? I noticed about a year ago that my signal would drop out when I would walk across a particular part of my listening room. I sold my last rig and was not listening to music for awhile. I rebuilt my rig and now my dropouts are worse. My signal will drop now if I'm in the adjoing room walking around, if I open or close my closet doors, if someone turns a light on or off downstairs and if someone opens or closes the garage door. I know I'll probably have to call an electrician in order to fix this, but any ideas whats going on here? Is it possibly a problem with the electrical panels ground? This is pretty dang frustrating...
128x128b_limo
Last thing I did lastnight was change my digital coax connection on my Nova pre from coax 2 to coax 1 and haven't had a dropout yet. Roomate was just running the vacuum again (strangely enough... ) and didn't have a single drop out. I'm stumped...
03-25-15: B_limo

About 10 or so years ago I had a Marantz 5.1 digital to analog processor that would occasionally make a clicking sound heard through the speakers and sometimes drop outs in sound heard through the speakers. Problem was the digital coax cable I was using at the time. Tried another digital coax cable, no more problems.

Why? Beats me....
If Al, Almarg, is following this thread, I would be willing to bet Al could give you possible reasons why.
Yeah, I'm thinking digi cable. Still haven't had a dropout today, yet. Im wondering if when switching inputs from coax 1 to coax 2 lastnight happened to position the cable different enough to reconnect a loose connection within the cable.

I'm afraid to do anything to try to recreate the problem in order to just pin point the issue because it seems to be working now.

Most of the time when Al chimes in I don't know what the heck he's talking about anyways. Even "dumbed" up, he's still above my head.
Ok, I am still able to get cutouts when turning my lightswitch (ceiling fan / dimmer) on and off. Switched out the Digital Cable for an RCA cable and I can't get the signal to dropout no matter what I do now. I think its safe to say that its the digital cable that has gone bad.

I'm going to see if I can get it replaced under warranty :)

Thanks ZD and Jea for helping me figure this out!