What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
49, RADAR systems integration technician. Spent almost every spare dime I've made on music. $5K on equipment and another $10K on program material.
31, I'm a server engineer (glorified way of saying Windows support guy) at a hospital data center. I used to be an installer/ designer/ contractor for A/V and low-voltage control systems, though. That's where I my obsession stems from. My system book value would probably be about $18k but like most of you in the biz I got some sick deals over the years that made up the majority of the value of the system.
I am a Nurse RMN/ psychologist in UK. I dream about exotic esotric type hifi, thats all I can do apart from scouring the exdem/second hand/ebay etc sites.
YESSSSS.... I crave massive power amps....KRELL, Gryfon.....HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm....BEAUTIFUL CD PLAYERS THAT LOOK LIKE RECORD DECKS.........instead of the crap system that I currently have. BAH!
I am in my upper 70's, from a medical background, with
a system costing upwards of 50K and worth, probably,
25 to 30K on the 'goN today. Latched on to a JBL D150 speaker in 1955, added the bass-reflex enclosure later
when I added a ring-
radiator and a JBL cross-over. Now that was 1956.
Best HiFi in the neighborhood, I'll tell ya.