What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
53 years old, retired from General Motors two years ago. I was one of the people that put those first few miles on your new vehicle, (Driver/vehicle-shipping)&(Driver-end of line). System: Not sure about price, I've had most of it a good while...around $25,000 retail. Some components were bought new and some used. Lets guess at 50% market value.

I've had the audio affliction sense about age 14, but liked music from about age 10.

Dave
I'm a 53 Y/O Electrical Engineer/Musician. My system is probably under $5K but I never really gave it much thought and won't. I just love music. Two kids in college will curtail anyones spending habits.
26, architectural designer. can't call myself an architect since the ARE (architectural review exams) are still out in front of me. system value is approx. $9k, paid maybe $4.5k?
Electrical Engineer by training, 38 years old. My other degree is in music, I play the trumpet. These days I do industrial product design for my own company, which manufactures lighting.
I'm 22, just finished my BA to find one nasty job market...

It's nice to see there are some other young people around here...I was afraid to admit it for fear I'd be dismissed due to my age!