New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hi Eelii, Do you think the 9300's would be worth the change for the D-02/P-02, or should I just bite the bullet and go straight to the 9500's. Although, the 9500's , I would have to bring in one at a time because of the cost. The 9300's I can get a deal on three at a little over the cost of one 9500! What do you think? Would you go for the three 9300's? And if I buy one 9500 at a time, I would D-02 first, then the clock, then the transport?
To Eli,

Thanks. I will try to find it. I will also check for the exhibit stock cables that they use at CES, or other shows. Sometimes they sell it for the half price, and they are basically used for a few days.
I am also waiting for the new p1/d1.
To Colekat:

Ask for exhibit stock from your dealer. You can get a very good deal. I would go for the 9500 if it is available as exhibit stock. I would do the dac, transport then the clock.
To Eli,

How is the mid band with 9500 compared to other cables you tried or stock cables ? The 7300 I used is great on bass but darkened and flattened the mid band.
Tom what Emre suggests is worth trying.

Regarding 9300 or 9500 one by one hard for me to tell. I do not have first hand experience with the 9300. Bit have read good things about it. There is a nice review in the web comparing the 9300 with the 9500.

If you go 9500 I would probably do first DAC or transport and then clock. I did all 3 at once so cant say for sure but that makes sense.

Emre the mid in the 9500 is great. You hear much more music with these cables, not just details or better bass. For how people describe the 7300 I think the 9500 is a big change. However I had rarely heard calling the 7300 as dark before, so may be worth checking in your system.