New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hi Eelii, Glad to hear from you! The baby is doing great, he is a jazz fan! As for the 9500's , thats great news. I am packing up the Synergistic Research Element stuff and sending it back, so the search continues. I'm trying to avoid the obvious, that this gear performs best within it's own family of interconnects and power cords. It makes sense! I'm trying to find great results without paying the premium. The SR stuff sounds good, but is really difficult to work with, plus there is way to much clutter to deal with the cords for the active circuits.
I'm still hung up on the Stage III Concepts PCs, but once again I would like to audition the cords first, and there is no factory program for that.
Anyway, it is good to hear from you again!
To Colekat:

Me too. I am more inclined to Esoteric or Soulution. I may not do full p1/d1 system initially. I may combine like p1/d02 or p02/d1.
A dealer made me a very nice offer to switch p01vuk to p02 transport which works better with newer dacs. This offer is valid for p1 if it becomes available. Somehow p01vuk sounds better, or natural despite many different settings and cables I tried with the older d01 and d03 dacs.
Thanks Tom. Yes I understand what you say with SR. I think is a particular sound. Nice in any case but to keep either You love it or not.

For the digital esoteric I really encourage to try the 9500. I think they may be the best alternative out there. Just my opinion. As said the improvement under this aplication is much greater than in preamp or even amps. But given the price of the things you need to be able to try out first before spending the cash.

Pharma do not have pre experience with the 9300. But it is the quitest PC i have listened. Huge soundstage very estructured presentation, detailed, fast and musical at the same time. Sounds a bit like on thesiltech side of things, but with more extended highs and faster.

The 6300 II have a lower noise floor. Easely perceived. They are more detailed, with more extended bass than mk1. A very good balanced cable. Musical with body but also fast extended and detailed.

Have not tried it yet as a digital cable. Will report on that too.

Best
Eli
To Eli:

My name is Emre. Thank you for the 6300 mk2 and 6300 comparison. I am curious about aes/ebu performance as well.

I was considering 9500 for some time. Some people made comments on 9300 and how revealing it was. Also they were saying that it had tendency to sound bright when used with the "wrong" equipment. Since it is not officially available in US, and special order only I have decided to wait till I find a demo piece.
So, thank you for the valuable insight on 9500. I am still using 7300 which is less detailed, less dynamic and darker balance overall according to some people who compared it with 9300.
Now I can consider 9500 with more faith.
Eelii, So far I have had great results with all your suggestions. I would love to give the 9500 PCs a try. I am a bit disappointed with the SR cords, I had hi hopes for them, but they are a pain in the ass to work with.
I am hell bent on maximizing these components, I don't believe I will be moving from the D-2/P-02/G-01 for a long time, if ever. As great as they sound now, I know there is more to get from them, and cords and speakers are where my shortcomings are. It is a tough pill to swallow, to spend nearly as much on PCs and ICs as components, but it appears to be necessary to actualize the best sound from these pieces.